Some Biblical thoughts on wealth….
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Deuteronomy 8:18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Acts 1:8Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up forthe just.
Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.
And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
Job 42:10 When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes. In fact, the Lord gave him twice as much as before!
Here’s the way I see these verses:
- Jesus came to seek and save the lost, and He loves all people.
- When bad (sinful) people do us wrong, we are commanded to forgive and love them.
- We must pray for our enemies, because the power of God is what will set them free, and break mind-blinding spirits off of them.
- If our personal mission is the great commission, then God gives us power to get wealth, the power of the Holy Spirit.
- This power gives us grace to love the unlovable, to literally become friends of sinners like Jesus.
- This friendship allows us to receive unrighteous money (Money received through wrong means)
- This is the wealth transfer, where the wealth of the sinner stored up for the righteous comes to us.
- If we want double for our trouble in dealing with people we know who are not walking with God the way we are, we need to be continually praying for our friends….
‘Father, I see my life is all about love and redemption. Your harvest of souls and disciples in this, my generation. Help me to love, forgive, and honestly pray for those who are not doing right, with honest concern for their best interests, eternal life. As I do this, I trust that You will release to me wealth and finances, to obey you in what You have created me to do, as I daily hear and obey what You have called me to do Lord Jesus, Amen!’